Industry elects association leaders, new chairman
National Biodiesel Board members selected their association leadership during the organization’s recent membership meeting in Washington, D.C. Members voted to fill eight positions on the 15-person board and new officers were elected.
“The biodiesel industry is on pace for record production in 2013 but the challenges facing this industry are significant,” said new NBB Chairman Steven J. Levy. “I am optimistic about our future as we face those challenges with a strong and diverse trade association membership united for the good of the industry, consumers, and the general public.”
Officers elected to lead the board are: Steven J. Levy, chairman; Ron Marr, vice chairman; Mike Cunningham, treasurer; and Greg Anderson, secretary.
Newly elected governing board members include:
• Todd Ellis, Imperium Renewables
• Kent Engelbrecht, ADM
• Gary Haer, Renewable Energy Group
• Ed Hegland, Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council
• Ron Marr, Minnesota Soybean Processors
• Bob Metz, South Dakota Soybean Research & Promotion Council
• Robert Stobaugh, Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board
• Ed Ulch, Iowa Soybean Association
The following members continue to serve on the governing board:
• Greg Anderson, Nebraska Soybean Board
• Jennifer Case, New Leaf Biofuel LLC
• Mike Cunningham, American Soybean Association
• Brandon Foley, Sanimax Energy
• Steven J. Levy, Sprague Operating Resources LLC
• Timothy Keaveney, Hero BX
• John Wright, Owensboro Grain Co.