Algae Summit opening morning includes company execs, US senator

Following the humorous speech given by Sen. Al Franken could have been difficult for a group of high-ranking algae executives chosen to update a room of nearly 1,000 people on the state of the industry, but it wasn't hard for these professionals.
READ MORE   SHARE    

Ag Secretary Vilsack addresses Farm Bill priorities

Secretary Tom Vilsack outlined USDA priorities for the 2012 Farm Bill during a speech at the John Deere Des Moines Works. Vilsack noted the U.S. has gone from importing 60 percent of its oil to 52 percent due to biofuels expansion.
READ MORE   SHARE    


African association aims to drive cleantech development

The African CleanTech Association launched Oct. 24 and the primary goal of the group is to assist in the development of African enterprises and technologies in the cleantech space while improving business sustainability and socioeconomic development.
READ MORE   SHARE    

St. Anthony Falls Laboratory makes algae cell swimming discovery

The St. Anthony Falls Laboratory in downtown Minneapolis originally formed to study hydroelectric energy, but today the research team at St. Anthony is working on projects that range from wind energy to the swimming patterns of algae.
READ MORE   SHARE    

Record biodiesel production continues in September

A U.S. record 119 million gallons of biomass-based diesel were sold during the month of September, the EPA reported Monday, marking the sixth consecutive monthly record and representing an 8 percent increase over August's high of 110 million gallons.
READ MORE   SHARE    

Brazilian ethanol to compete with US biodiesel in 'advanced' pool

The 2012 advanced biofuel pool of 2 billion gallons in RFS2 is an opportunity to grow biodiesel beyond the 1 billion gallon biomass-based diesel volume required under the program, but 107 Brazilian cane ethanol producers are registered with U.S. EPA.
READ MORE   SHARE    

'Bioheat: the Evolution of Oilheat' ad campaign blankets NYC

Starting Oct. 24, New York City buses and the subway system will be covered with Bioheat ads. Radio commercials are already airing on six highly rated CBS stations. One spot says, "Choose the cleaner, renewable home heat without changing equipment."
READ MORE   SHARE    

Cooper: blenders have financial opportunity with Bioheat

"Maverick marketers," as Michael Cooper with UGES called them, are already in some places taking advantage of the swaying price of biodiesel and their ability to blend more or less into their heating oil, depending on the time of the year.
READ MORE   SHARE    

Texas glycerin firm acquires equity interest in Energy Partners

The Woodlands, Texas-based glycerin marketing and refining company BenchMark Energy Corp. has signed an agreement to acquire a 49 percent stake in Indiana-based Energy Partners LLC, with a contingent option to acquire the remaining 51 percent.
READ MORE   SHARE    

China coal-to-liquid plant will use algae-based CO2 capture

Houston-based Accelergy Corp. will provide the Yankuang Group with its trademarked TerraSync terrestrial sequestration system to capture carbon dioxide from the future coal-to-liquid facility in Erdos, an area in China's Inner Mongolia Province.
READ MORE   SHARE    

Industry Events

Southeast Biomass
Conference & Trade Show

November 1-3, 2011
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia

Pacific West Biomass
Conference & Trade Show

January 16-18, 2012
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco, California

International Biomass
Conference & Expo

April 16-19, 2012
Colorado Convention Center
Denver, Colorado

International Fuel Ethanol
Workshop & Expo

June 4-7, 2012
Minneapolis Convention Center
Minneapolis, Minnesota

International Biorefining
Conference & Trade Show

November 27-29, 2012

Houston, Texas

Industry Jobs

There are no jobs currently available. Check back soon.


Subscribe     Unsubscribe




308 Second Ave. N., Suite 304 | Grand Forks, ND 58203 | www.biodieselmagazine.com | 701-746-8385

© BBI International 2011